Three months ago, I got inspired to write some songs. Children's songs, specifically. The holidays were fast approaching and I have 2 two-year-old grandsons. My big present to each of them was the gift of music.
Henry likes weed whackers and leaf blowers, while Porter is a little obsessed with Curious George and trains. I decided to start with a song about weed whackers.
After finishing the Weed Whacker Wiggle, I tackled leaf blowers, and came up with Blow the Leaves. Those two garden tools (one used in summer, the other in fall) inspired me to write Mud Makes a Mess and Gonna Build a Snowman for the other two seasons.
Chuck and I recorded the songs, had them professionally mastered, created an album called Songs for the Seasons, and uploaded them to CDBaby, where you can download all four songs for $4, or individual songs for 99 cents each.
Here are four reasons that I think it's worth your while to buy this music:
Other reasons you might want to download the songs:
- Mud Makes a Mess mentions a worm (bound to make kids squirm).
- Weed Whacker Wiggle brings out the giggles.
- Blow the Leaves will interest anyone who either likes or hates leaf blowers.
- Gonna Build a Snowman has a moral to the story and includes some awesome harmonies.
- We'd really appreciate some reviews!
Here's the link where you can listen to clips and decide if you want to buy the downloads:
What's your favorite season?